Antuco Volcano Climbing is done at Antuco Volcano (from Mapudungun: ‘water from the sun’; antu, ‘sol’; co, ‘water’). This is a stratovolcano located in Antuco town, in Biobío district. Its existence has greatly influenced the landscape that we currently know of southern Chile, giving a unique natural life around it. Today the volcano is visited by mountaineers, national and foreign tourists who enjoy a tour with impressive views. If you want to be in contact with nature and have an unforgettable experience, join us on this tour and if you are lucky you will see condors that are a very special gift of this landscape full of contrasts.
Antuco Volcano Climbing is an activity that requires experience on moutaineering, this volcano is 2.979 masl and its first climbig done by Eduardo Poeppig and an “arrriero” (local guide) on 1829, is considered the begining of the mountaineering in Chile.
|DEPARTURE/ARIVAL LOCATION||Los Ángeles, Biobío, Chile|
|ACTIVITY DURATION||12 hours|
|TIMING||The departure will be on Friday at 16:00 from Los Ángeles city and the returning at 16:00 on Saturday|
- Bring sunglasses, sunblock, camera, thermal clothing and spare clothes, 1 lt of water (min) ,and light food.
- If you have altitude health problems, back pain, heart health problems, any disabality or you are pregnant, you can’t do participate in this activity. We care about you!
- The minimum age is 17 years old, minors need parent authorization.
- Make sure to get the correct clothe and equipment to practice these activities, you can check on our rental if some element is missed. We will help you to be comfortable and safe!
- The ascent is realized with min 4 people.
- Inform yourself about the weather forecast to check the climate conditions, the activities are allowed under certain weather parameters. If the weather is not favorable, don’t worry, you can reschedule or cancel and get back your refund.
- El máximo de personas para el tour es de 8 pasajeros.
Cancelations before 48 hrs, you get a total refund, after 48 hrs you there isn’t a refund.
Any other questions just contact us!